Monday, August 24, 2009

Friends and Fingernails

What an incredible weekend! I got back last night from a Chrysalis weekend that was incredible! I have a couple of groups of friends that stand apart from all the others. What makes these different is that I can go months without seeing them, but as soon as we come together we pick up right where we left off. The people this week are some of the most loving and uplifting people that I have ever come across. My friend David Hodges said it well when he noticed that our group is made up of die hard Republicans and Democrats, Methodists and Baptists, young and old, and even Alabama and Auburn fans. But all that stuff seems to fade away because of Jesus. I'm a better person for just knowing them.

I've had something on my mind for a while that I need to discuss with the world.... What is the deal with fingernails? This is an area I need to read on and know more about. I never look at my finger nails and think, "In the next couple days I need to cut my fingernails". Its like one night they grow 6 inches and you get somewhere and realize how embarrassing your fingers look. Does anyone else have this problem? I looked at my hand on Saturday and I couldn't believe it. It was like they came out of nowhere. I spent the rest of the day with my hands in my pockets. The more I type about this, the more I feel like its probably just me going through this.

I feel like there are several other things that I need to comment on or bring up, but I'll leave those for later on in the week. I've fallen behind on updating, but I'm making a renewed commitment today.

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel you on the fingernail thing. I'm the same way. I also do the same thing about my hair -- it's like one day, about 2 months since I last had my hair cut, it just falls wrong and looks awful. That's when I know I need to make a change.

    Also, and more importantly, I liked what you said about Jesus bringing people together. When it comes to my friends, I've found that the things we have in common are far more important, and stronger, than the things that drive us apart. Religion can be a beautiful thing when it brings people together like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually notice my abnormally long fingernails, not when I look at them, but when I scratch.

    I'll reach up to scratch my neck only to realize I've apparently severed my jugular. Time to cut those nails again... As soon as I stop the bleeding.

    ReplyDelete