Thursday, April 23, 2009

American Community Survey

Are you kidding me? Have you heard of this ridiculous tool that the government is forcing to me fill out?

I got the survey in the mail a few weeks ago and it was addressed to "Resident", so I did what I always do in that situation. I through it into the garbage can. When it came the second time addressed to "Resident" with a letter explaining that I had to fill it out, I through it away again. THEN, they send it FEDEX!!! Are you kidding me? I had to sign for the thing. I looked over the survey and it was wanting to know what I did, where I worked, the address of my employer, how much I made, how I paid the rent, how much my water bill is, etc. Why does the government need to know those things?

I called the 1800 number on the website because I have never heard of this before and it was soon explained to me that I am LEGALLY OBLIGATED to fill out this survey and return it, and if I do not I am going to be fined up to $500!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going to "go off" and explain why this is a ridiculous use of my tax money. Nor will I go off and explain why this is an invasion of my privacy. Nor will I go off and explain why I feel like the governments involvement in my life is becoming more than oppressive.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. Did it ask whether you owned any guns?

    ReplyDelete